[aprssig] APRSSIG AT GOlden Packet Test needs operators

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 30 10:12:32 EDT 2017

APRS operators with D7XX radios or D72’s are needed in VA, VT, NY and NH.

We still have no volunteers for these mountain tops in 2 weeks for the 4
hour event:

* Mt Washington, New Hampshire

* Mt Equinox, Vermont

* Sam’s Point state park, New York (or Slide Mountain)

* Hawksbill, VA on BR parkway

On  Saturday, 15 July we man-up 15 mountains for four hours from Maine to
Georgia for the Annual Golden Packet attempt.

We still need operators on 4 peaks above that are FULLY familiar with APRS
operation from their APRS radios for the 4 hour event.  All you need is the
radio, power and a vertical OMNI antenna.

All of these are drive-up sites.  For more info and all kinds of details,
see:  http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

This will be the 9th year to demonstrate cross-continent packet
text-messaging over 2000 miles and 14 hops using no-prior infrastructure.
This year we will operate at 9600 baud since last year it worked as well as
1200 but should allow double the message throughput.

After getting your paltry 100 points at Field Day.  Get some respect, and
come have fun with packet radio!

OR start up your own LONG-LINEAR packet test anywhere else in the country.
Pacific Coast trail?  Continental Divide Trail? Lewis&Clark Trail?

Bob, WB4APR  bruninga at usna dot edu