[aprssig] Quick APRS hardware survey (APRS Hotspot)

John Langner wb2osz at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 18:51:55 EDT 2017

Here is an interesting alternative to the ubiquitous Raspberry Pi.
https://getchip.com/
The C.H.I.P is similar to the Raspberry Pi Zero W but has some advantages for this application.
- On board audio input so you don't need to add a USB audio adapter.
- On board flash memory so you don't need an SD memory card.
- Can be run connected directly to a LiPo battery.
- Built in battery charger.

If they could only solve their supply problem.  I ordered one months ago and am still waiting.