[aprssig] Quick APRS hardware survey (APRS Hotspot)

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 16:23:01 EDT 2017

I have don't have what you mention but basically it could do the same.

I have a hotspot which I use not just for data but also as a router. If there is no data available it still functions as a router.
I have a GPS that provides data over Wi-Fi. I am running a Winbook (APRSIS23) that does not have a GPS so it gets NMEA over Wi-Fi. APRSIS32 supports a TCPIP source of NMEA. I do have a radio connected to my Winbook via USB as well but that will hopefully soon be connected through Wi-Fi. GPS data will feed the TNC over Wi-Fi as well.
I haven't looked at Outernet lately but there isn't any reason I can see that the data couldn't be seen on my Winbook in some form or another. I just looked and they changed their system once again. Apparently they like their new SDR as it looks like the only option in their store.

As an aside, my dashcam (front/rear cameras) is also connected to my hotspot/router.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH