[aprssig] FTM-100DR APRS path for ISS?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Jun 1 14:47:21 EDT 2017

Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote…

> I sure hope this isn't the case with all of the other Yaesu APRS radios!

I don't have an FTM-100, but looking at the manual, the choices mentioned seem to be the only options. However the path is very configurable in the FT1DR, FT2DR and FTM-400DR. They all offer fixed options plus self configured paths.

The FTM-100DR is a budget radio and probably best used for a WIRES-X node with it connected to an HRI-200. The price is low on the "100" and I'm sure it encouraged more than a few people to try C4FM (great mode!) and it might have even encouraged some people to try APRS, but while it is a dual band radio, it is single receive, so you can really only use it for voice or APRS but not both at the same time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH
UI-View32