[aprssig] Amount of "padding" before and after data at 1200 baud?

Alan wa4sca at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:28:18 EDT 2017

<<<TXDelay is radio (model) specific -- based on the transmitter rise time.

Fully understood how you GET the delay.  No matter the transmitter, the goal is to have a few ms of clean, stabile idle signal "come out the back" before the data is sent.  How much is needed is also dependent on the other station receiver, but given the quirks of DSP rigs, I want to avoid just brute forcing it with TXDelay=TXTail=500 ms which does work, but is not especially friendly.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA