[aprssig] Kenwood 700 digi

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jul 20 16:11:59 EDT 2017

And all the others…

UNPROTO APK002 via WIDE2-1 to identify it as a D700 and haveits beacon only
go 1 hoip

Then all the BTEXT and LTEXT and BEACON and PERIOD or whatever to set some
useful beacons for the digi and for the voice repeater object, and then the
LPATH to WIDE2-1 and so forth…

Lots more to make it useful and relevant?

Bob

This is what I have.  Please correct me if any need to change.  These are
per (as I understand it) the link I posted above from aprs.org.

AUTO-PM-SAVE OFF

UIFLOOD CO,30,ID

UITRACE WIDE,30

Thanks!

73

Denny, W0DDP

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Kenneth Finnegan <
kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Denny Phillips II <w0ddp.denny at gmail.com
> wrote:

Should that not have happened?

The D700 actually fails on two points for why this should not have
happened, which admittedly aren't really well documented anywhere:

1. Digipeaters should not digipeat packets with their own callsign as the
source.

2. Digipeaters should perform 30 second deduplication on
{source,destination,info} when packets are headed to the transmitter.

This second point means that regardless of missing that the source is its
own callsign, these echos should have been dropped as duplicates of the
originated packet after they were processed and sent to the modem to be
transmitted. The fact that it digipeated the packet twice is even more
concerning; does the D700 not perform any deduplication at all?

--
Kenneth Finnegan, W6KWF
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/