[aprssig] IGate FIlter for AMSATS?

Jess Haas km6gvw at jesshaas.com
Sat Feb 25 14:41:15 EST 2017

On Feb 25, 2017 10:07 AM, "Kenneth Finnegan" <kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com>
wrote:

So here are two possible use cases for the APRS constellation:
1. Joe Ham walks outside with his HT and a yagi, points it at a passing
satellite, and fires off a few packets. Maybe he manages to trade some
packets with someone else doing the same thing, or maybe he just runs back
inside to check aprs.fi. In either case he is then gratified that he has
successfully bounced a packet through outer space, and moves on with his
life. He possibly comes back to bounce a few more packets through a
satellite when he wants to impress his friends and family or get credit for
trading packets with a few more people through a satellite.

I want to use APRS satellites when in remote areas and in case of emergency
when local infrastructure is down. But I also want to be able to test
things out at home where I can get help if I don't have things setup right.
So this is about usability not just bragging rights.