[aprssig] IGate Issues / Hints to igate developers

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Sat Feb 25 11:41:16 EST 2017

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists wrote:

> As a reminder, the data portion of the packet is to be passed
> -unaltered- to the upstream server, period.  Packets are -never- to be
> delayed to the upstream server.
>
> IGate authors: PLEASE review your code and resolve any issues that might
> be applicable.  IGate authors: THANK YOU for the great work you have
> done.  Let's go the extra step of cleaning up our code.

As a side track of the investigation, I wrote up a few notes of common
issues seen in igates and other APRS-IS clients. Many of these have been
fixed many times in various igates, so it might be beneficial to pass this
on to anyone writing a new igate:

https://github.com/hessu/aprsc/blob/master/doc/IGATE-HINTS.md

If you have any additions to the list, please let me know.

   - Hessu, OH7LZB