[aprssig] Standardized format of WX data in APRS?

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Mon Feb 13 17:49:56 EST 2017

On 02/13/2017 03:27 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Unfortunately, there are two such standards.  The one I support is the
> all-in-one format (COMPLETE) that includes the position and all the WX info.
> Thus, a single packet contains everything that is needed to plot the weather
> on a map in real time.

Does it mean that if an AWS includes an integrated GPS receiver, then
there is no need for a separate G-mouse or a GPS stick (to get the
station's position only)? For my planned portable APRS, I was thinking
to obtain a G-mouse for getting the position at first, and later to
obtain an AWS for meteo data. Each device should hook up to a separate
USB port on a laptop. So, by having a good AWS there's no need for extra
GPS thing?

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB