[aprssig] Standardized format of WX data in APRS?

Russ Chadwick russ4cwop at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:05:39 EST 2017

The various WX data formats used in APRS can be seen here:

http://wxqa.com/activecwd/index_activecwd.html
http://wxqa.com/activedwd/index_activedwd.html
http://wxqa.com/activeewd/index_activeewd.html
http://wxqa.com/activefwd/index_activefwd.html
http://wxqa.com/callsminmax/index_callsminmax.html
http://wxqa.com/equal/index_equal.html
http://wxqa.com/expt/index_expt.html
http://wxqa.com/peetbros/index_peetbros.html
http://wxqa.com/semi/index_semi.html
http://wxqa.com/slash/index_slash.html
http://wxqa.com/unders/index_unders.html

where the first four are meant for non-hams.  Any other types not falling
into one of these 11 categories show up here,

http://wxqa.com/other/index_other.html

All of these near real-time packets (about 110,000/hour) go to findu where
they are processed into a standard format and sent to NOAA/NWS/NCEP and
merged into the MADIS surface data set for use by the meteorological
community.

https://madis.ncep.noaa.gov/madis_cwop.shtml
https://madis.noaa.gov/

Russ