[aprssig] APRStt question

Bob Mueller bob at funautical.com
Fri Feb 10 08:37:39 EST 2017

I just read over:
http://aprs.org/aprstt.html
http://aprs.org/aprstt/aprstt-user.txt

Are there any standard position formats as part of APRStt?  It seems that
the positions are only "proprietary" to the user.  By using their own map
grid or y,x position from a known fixed point.  It does not appear that
there is any way to encode a lat/lon.  I don't see anything in the
documentation that indicates a maidenhead locator is resolved to lat/lon
and then digipeated.

That leads me to my next question that I believe I already know the answer
to:  Is there any way to use APRStt to create APRS objects?  It appears the
answer is no.  As it only supports A, B, C, D. Callsign, Position, Comment,
Messages respectively.  No objects.

Please confirm that I have this correct and I'm not missing something.

Bob Mueller
K8MD
bob at funautical.com