[aprssig] ISS

steve at dimse.com steve at dimse.com
Fri Dec 29 11:14:54 EST 2017

I should probably add the process of flight qualification is expensive, AMSAT is expecting to spend $150,000 to get the replacement built and flown. They are taking donations at ariss.org.

Remember, the ISS digi happened because APRS agreed to QSY in the US. We also got the continent wide single channel, and all for a few radios, crystals, and filters, mostly paid for by TAPR, AMSAT, and ARRL, as well as the individual owners (and huge amounts of hand-wringing from a handful that AMSAT was taking advantage of us). Any of the doubters that are still on APRS SIG, you should be the first to donate out of a sense of guilt! The APRS QSY was the greatest bargain ever!

Steve K4HG