[aprssig] APRSdos soucre code?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Dec 5 17:05:19 EST 2017

Actualy, I found a second copy of the same five files on my hard drive,
and *that* set also had compilation instructions indicating that
the five files were all that there was to it.

------
RELEASE of APRSdos source code is for use by HAM radio
operators personal use.  It is not allowed for commercial
use without permission of the author, and holder of the
registered APRS trademark, APRS Engineering LLC.
Bob Bruninga, WB4APR

HOW TO COMPILE APRSDOS:

1) Change all the files APRS5X.TXT to .BAS files
2) Copy the below into a COOMPILE5.BAT file
3) Copy the below into a LINK file
4) At the DOS prompt execute COMPILE5
5) The result will be APRSDOS.EXE
6) To run, it requires ALL of the directory structure
   including HSTS, LOGS, MAPS, MAPLISTS, README, etc

This is the COMPILE.BAT file:

BC APRSDOS\aprS5W.bas/E/X/O/T/C:2048
BC APRSDOS\aprS5V.bas/O/T/C:2048
BC APRSDOS\aprS5X.bas/O/T/C:2048
BC APRSDOS\aprS5Y.bas/O/T/C:2048
BC APRSDOS\aprS5Z.bas/O/T/C:2048
link /e @APRSDOS\lklst5.lnk

This is the LINK file (LKLST5.LNK):

aprS5W.obj+
aprS5V.obj+
aprS5X.obj+
aprS5Y.obj+
aprS5Z.obj
aprsdos.exe

QB.lib

--------

So perhaps those five files from the w1npp site and the contents of one of
the binary zip files from the tapr site that Scott posted might be enough
to regenerate the program if one could find a DOS system to build it on.

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 03:00:32PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing: