[aprssig] APRSdos soucre code?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Dec 5 16:52:45 EST 2017

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 03:12:53PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <bruninga at usna.edu> flavor, containing:
> For over a decade, I have been saying that I published the original 30,000
> lines of APRSdos source code for anyone that wanted it.
>

> Today, I had a call form a legal place wanting to see a copy. (doesn???t
> involve me)???  but when I went to APRS.ORG I cannot find any links to those
> dos (.BAS) files.  Amazing???
>

> I must be having a senior moment.  All of the original APRSdocs text
> documents are there, but none of the five APRSxx.BAS files.
>

> Oh, and for the last 3 months preparing for granddaugherr #1, I have thrown
> away wastebaskets full of old disks.  Assuming the code was on line???.
>

> Anybody remember where I put it?

No, I don't remember where you put it, and can't find it on aprs.org, either,
but years ago when you released the source code I did download it and still
have what I downloaded in my files.  It consisted of 5 ".txt" files (no idea
why they were not ".bas", but they're clearly BASIC code) called Aprs5v.txt,
Aprs5w.txt, Aprs5x.txt, Aprs5y.txt and Aprs5z.txt.  I have no record of
any zip file or any other information to tell me where I got the stuff.

Googling, I also found these same five files here, mixed in with lots of other
stuff copied from your web site:

http://www.w1npp.org/ares/APRS/WB4APR~1/APRS/

Perhaps that is what you're looking for?

This stuff must have been on aprs.org once upon a time, but if it's still
there there are no links to it that I can find easily.