[aprssig] Txt messaging

Greg D ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 17:59:41 EDT 2017

Thanks, Tom.  I wasn't aware of the (c) exception.

Clarifying, who is the "first forwarding station"...  Two cases:  Direct
from RF to either RF or IS, and from IS to RF.  If the violating packet
comes from RF, section (b) applies, not the iGate (or Digi, for that
matter).  So, the iGate's risk is primarily from IS to RF, with the
violating packet originating from an internet-based client.  Since the
IS system isn't ham radio, the Tx iGate is the first forwarding
station.  We're therefore depending on the IS client "passcode" for our
protection under section (d)(1).

So, drifting a bit further, a reminder:  Everyone needs to be very
careful in giving out APRS passcodes!  They are not there to annoy,
they're in place to protect our collective licenses.

Greg  KO6TH