[aprssig] KPC3 Fix for Delayed Packets

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Tue Aug 15 13:14:16 EDT 2017

Looking through my saved messages, I found several messages regarding this delayed packet problem.  I am pasting one of those messages below from 2010.

The bottom line is that it appears to be a Kantronic's KPC3+ problem in KISS mode when used with Ui-View.  The recommendation was to cycle the KPC3+ power every week or so.  Interesting enough I have observed this delayed packet problem on our NW APRS Network a number of times in the last few days.  So if someone is running an I-Gate using Ui-View with a KPC3+, please cycle your TNC to see if it will clear our problem.

Thanks,

Herb, KB7UVC

NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator

Our WEB Site:  http://blog.nwaprs.info/