[aprssig] xastir-dev mailing list

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 13:02:06 EDT 2017

On Sun, 6 Aug 2017, Tom Russo wrote:

> It looks like both of the Xastir mailing lists are out of service at the
> moment.  I've got an email in to the guy who maintains them.

I was getting hit with an email every 6 seconds last week, so locked down Postfix and Mailman to make it stop. Something about 3500 new messages in my inbox overnight didn't make me happy. The mail was getting injected into Xastir.org so that's where I did the lockdown. This morning I reduced some of the restrictions in Postfix and mail started coming through.

Unfortunately I couldn't firewall off a few addresses as the mail was coming from many IP's and they kept changing.

Xastir.org is using 4 different blackhole lists now, whereas it wasn't using any before. That should help in the future, at least once a spammer is known.

Please let me know if things aren't working for you.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Babysitting your tracker:  http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator