[aprssig] APRS to the planet rescue? (update)

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 11:37:49 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> My thoughts on adding this to APRS is to simply have a processor send out a
> modified STATUS text when a detection is made.  Since APRS was designed
> around the status being merged-on-receipt with the most recent posit,

good grief no!!

do NOT send out a useless position less datapoint for something that
is inherently location specific.

There is way too much processing power available for such ridiculous
hacks, completely ignoring the error that could easily be half a mile
or more introduced by such a fundamentally flawed approach.

-Jason
kg4wsv