[aprssig] Perl and TNC X

Charles Blackburn ai4ri at cfl.rr.com
Tue Sep 27 11:20:09 EDT 2016

Perl and the pi with a TNC work fine.

I’ve used it to create a linux QRU server a couple of years ago. Again using the FAP library.

As far as the ax25 stack, get the latest version from the maintainers, the versions in the repositories are usually way out of date (at least for Ubuntu and rasbian) they are easy to compile and work fine.

Then just set it up like you would any linux based machine and use AX0 etc for the interface to the tnc. That actually makes it easier as your program can use it just like any other network interface and you don’t have to worry about framing packets manually as the stack takes care of all that for you.

If you need any help, don’t hesitate to get with me off list.

I also second ARPx I just haven’t had much time to play with it.

Charlie