[aprssig] FEMA- Flood gauges (feedback)

Ed pe1nat pe1nat at amsat.org
Fri Sep 16 01:34:46 EDT 2016

I send a flood object with different levels ..
Where can I see again the various nivau's / height colors?

73 Ed
Op 15-9-2016 18:04:43, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> schreef:
>> Here is a web page on some of the Flood Gauge ideas… Bob
>> http://aprs.org/flood-gauges.html

> Definitely a worthwhile project, but what am I missing?
> If the PVC pipe... is sealed at the top, how does water get in the pipe at
> the bottom?

I have updated the web page based on this excellent feedback:
- Yes, there needs to be an air-relief hole at the highest expected water
level.
- Also, as shown the batteries will need to also be above the water line
- And Steve points out that only a waterproof level sensor should be used.