[aprssig] Is CQ Server still a thing?

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:01:51 EDT 2016

I was hoping to participate in the Jamboree on the Air with scouts this
October, but it looks like I have some scouts that need to get a 15 mile
hike in for their hiking merit badge (trying to get these long ones in
before the days get too short) and October 15, the main day for the JOTA
event, is free on their calendars.

I was looking for a way to participate in JOTA anyway with a handheld
radio.  The Kenwood D72A hasn't been on in a while, but thought about using
the APRS to try and make some contacts.

Is there any record of the CQ Server activity on JOTA from last year?

Thanks & 73 de Joseph M. Durnal - NE3R