[aprssig] Solar RFI

kliegle at myfairpoint.net kliegle at myfairpoint.net
Sun Oct 23 17:46:26 EDT 2016

I have an end fed wire feeding two SDR-iq remote server receivers about
30' over my home/repeater sheds back up diesel genny. A small (50watt)
panel sits atop the genny housing and keeps the starting battery
charged. The charge controller was a PWM type, and essentially wiped
out several HF bands. Swapped out the expensive controller for a more
cheaper one and problem solved.

The repeater site (APRS WX Digi too) has a Morningstar PWM controller
too, but a jumper kicks it out of PWM, and is a pulse type charger.
Remote HF base and two more SDR remote servers are RFI free once I
placed the jumper on it.

Whirlpool Duet washer is a whole other story, located only 15' below
the end fed wire near genny. That took an AC line filter and 2.5 inch
toroid ring to cure!

It's only a hobby... Right?

73 Kriss KA1GJU