[aprssig] Fwd: Help for First Responders

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 08:07:56 EDT 2016

APRS is used annually in Black Rock City, Nevada, for fire and EMS resource management at the BurningMan Arts Festival. Scott Miller would have more details about that, as he designed and built the hardened trackers used in that rather hostile environment.
Alas, I wasn't able to be personally involved, as I couldn't get the necessary additional features into my YAAC software on the short notice I had, so they used another application, Depiction, as the display console.
Whether this sort of application has been obsoleted by Project 25 comm systems, I can't say.
Andrew, KA2DDO