[aprssig] Fwd: [wl2kemcomm] Help for First Responders

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:07:40 EDT 2016

I suggested APRS as an tool for this situation described below...

It is often surprising how APRS is not even considered in many EmComm
situation when it (APRS) seems like such a good fit.

There's much to be done with the user interface and messaging needs to
be fixed - but the opportunity is here to provide an awesome useful
Ham Radio service.

10 years ago we had a storm in the Puget Sound region that knocked out
power for days - weeks for some.  It was during those five long cold
days that I came to consider APRS as the ultimate Ham communications
technology.   Today I believe that even stronger...

73
Bill, WA7NWP