[aprssig] APRS SPEC: Wind Speed confusion

SARTrack Admin info at sartrack.co.nz
Fri Oct 14 11:00:27 EDT 2016

On 14/10/2016 16:47, Robert Bruninga wrote:
 > Should we change it to all MPH to get rid of this potential for
confusion, or will we just create more?

Common!

MPH? Seriously!

Knots make some sense, and I can live with that.
Meters per second are used in many Weather forecasts, and at least are
based on the Metric system!
kph (or km/h) I can also live with, and is in fact the internal value
system I use in my program (I convert everything to kph internally).

MPH is an totally outdated system, only still used in the USA and
England, who refuse to switch to the Metric system.

Bart Kindt
ZL4FOX
Developer, SARTrack Limited

--