[aprssig] Standalone APRS on Rasberry Pi?

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:39:27 EDT 2016

The fundamental issue with using a Raspberry Pi offline is that it does not
have a real time clock chip (or CMOS battery to run one), so every time you
turn off power to it, it loses the current time.

If you're planning on using an RPi offline, you definitely want to fit it
with an RTC hat. I poked at the problem for a week before giving up on
using Pis offline and went back to more traditional mini ITX motherboards
for offline digipeaters.

Of course, I run Aprx on all of my digipeaters, which is fitting since I'm
the maintainer of Aprx.

--
Kenneth Finnegan
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/