[aprssig] central repository

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:16:54 EST 2016

> Why not use Github for a wiki? It's much more centralized, no need to host
> it, etc.

This is the right answer.   While Github isn't really "Ham" it's the
leader in the hosting field these days.

This should really be hosted by an Organization that's going to
persist.   I've pinged TAPR about their picking up wiki support but
they were too busy..   ARRL is doing something similar and is an
option.

We have the data for the old aprs wiki and it will eventually come
back when there's some time.  Ideally to be moved to some Ham based
organization.

Or maybe we could just use wikipedia?   Where do they draw the line at
group specific info?

Another issue is getting Bob B's buy in.  Bob currently keeps
everything in his own web pages.

73
Bill, WA7NWP