[aprssig] central repository

Jim Alles kb3tbx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 08:50:24 EST 2016

comments in-line, for Jason kg4wsv

> There's already a discussion list for the subject (you're reading it).
> Fragmentation is not your friend.

​Agreed, this list wasn't my target. Nor do I want to start YetAnotherL​ist

> There are ham wikis out there already.  ( https://xkcd.com/927/ )

​agreed, but
AFAIK,
 focused on individual clients as it they should be. And some I can't edit.​

​I am looking for some neutral common ground to put up an outline.​

> A wiki is a horrible tool for maintaining a specification document.  A
> specification needs revision control, version numbers, etc.  A wiki is a
> free for all.  Fine for documentation, but not the actual specification.
>
> ​Agreed 100%​ And If I knew I was getting into a specification or
standard, I would run away screaming. I have to deal with that at work, and
your cartoon is perfect! I am stealing it and posting it here.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

.ja.