[aprssig] IGATE message routing bug?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Sun Nov 20 11:10:41 EST 2016

As clarification, www.aprs-is.net is NOT a spec.  It is a web site that states how APRS-IS has been implemented and provides the constraints that were adopted ad hoc over the years to make APRS-IS work.  That is why the statement is made the way it is made.

My software only uses hops but that is not necessarily the best way for everyone to do it nor is it the way everyone has implemented "local".  But as I detailed earlier, the definition of "hops" is a fluid definition due to the multiple implementations over the years of various digipeating methods inclusive of the ambiguities in the "standard" used today.

Please consider the web site as a statement of "what is", not a definitive spec.  There are portions that are definitive (how the login line looks, the q algorithm, what filters are available on restricted ports, etc.) but even those "specs" are really stating "what is".

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net