[aprssig] central repository

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Nov 20 06:50:05 EST 2016

> On Nov 19, 2016, at 10:14 PM, Jim Alles <kb3tbx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OK so let's put some effort into to a central repository where each constituent has the opportunity to make a contribution; instead.
>
> I am thinking a Wiki seems to be pretty useful.
>
> I don't know how to go about it. Suggestions?

1. Research the various software packages available; pick one.

2. Research the hosting options available; pick one.

3. Spend time learning the software and hosting; set the system up.

4. Proudly announce it to universal acclaim here on the SIG.

5. Wait for the user contributions to come flooding in.

6. Grow increasingly frustrated over the lack of user contribution to the wiki.

7. Get sick of spending so much time writing all the content and answering all the "Your page is wrong" emails.

8. close the system down, joining the smoldering wreckage of prior attempts spanning 20 years, far longer than wiki has been a word.

9. write sarcastic messages to the next guy that wants to try.

Good Luck!