[aprssig] E Coast 9600 baud backbone 15W radios.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 27 11:31:13 EDT 2016

At Dayton I picked up a box of 25 UHF data radios for the E Coast 9600 baud
backbone project.

Turns out, they are on 824 MHz.  But they have a 15 W driver stage that can
give us 15 Watts in the 420 MHz amateur band if we can find a simple UHF
transceiver with 1 Watt output.  ALl we have to do is bypass the final 45W
PA and add a TR switch.

Then add a TNC node and we are done.

See the info on these radios at the bottom of this page:
http://aprs.org/ec9600net.html

So, does anyone have ideas for the 1W UHX XCVR that we can split out the TX
and RX separately so we can use these PA's?

The data radios include a GPS receiver, but we wont need thoes in this
application.

Bob, WB4APR