[aprssig] Impossible to be digi+something else? (DWAIT=0)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:21:28 EDT 2016

> I'm curious because I'm doing some research on an idea for improved
> digipeating, and it requires using an external program with a KISS TNC. As
> such, I'd like to be able to selectively decide whether my station is
> "polite" or "impolite" on a per-packet basis (assuming impoliteness is still
> preferred digipeater behavior).

Perhaps related is the viscous digipeating currently supported by
APRX.   While theoretically controversial, some users find it performs
well.  The concept is for a low level digi to not repeat a packet if
it hears somebody else digipeat it. Otherwise, after waiting a short
period and not hearing a transmission - it digipeats the packet.

APRX is doing great - but DIGI_NED is still the most powerful package...

Bill, WA7NWP