[aprssig] Flaming AvMap G6

Greg Dolkas ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Sun May 8 20:17:25 EDT 2016

The snapping and sizling could have been an electrolytic capacitor going, too.  At least that was my experience when I plugged the wrong power adapter into an old PDA.  :(

Once gone, the battery would drain through it, leading to more smoke, but in my case I pulled the plug on the adapter and it all settled down.

I'd open it up and see, but don't get your hopes up.  Morbid curiosity...

Greg. KO6TH