[aprssig] The East will Rise again! (at 9600?)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:54:07 EDT 2016

> If we're going to push for expanded 9600 baud implementation, can we pretty
> please enforce some more rigorous technical standards than on 144.39?

What is the chance that shipping of the UDR-X is finally announced at
Dayton this year?  Wth a nice burn in of about a year, it would be
ideal for this.

  http://nwdigitalradio.com/

> got tens of thousands of Kenwood devices that have a fixed 500 ms TXD.

That's only the 10 year old D700/D7A equipment.   Of course everybody
with the newer D710, D7G and D72 have their TXD set to a nice short
100 ms...

> At 9600 baud there doesn't seem to be much agreement on filter selection and documentation is scarce.

The experts can fill you in on that...   It's there - just not always
easy to find.

> Scott

Bill, WA7NWP