[aprssig] Turn-key IGate

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 14:24:58 EDT 2016

Here's another ready-to-run igate device.

I just had an inquiry about a page on my website from a German ham.  Turns out
he is also manufacturing an "igate/digipeater" appliance, that can optionally
include internally-mounted 1 watt 2M and 70cm transceiver modules and an
internal diplexer.    I.e. all you need is IP, 12 VDC and a 2M/UHF antennna.

The device has a 6-pin mini-DIN connector that can plug directly into a radio
and supply 300 baud or 1200 baud tones.   You can DHCP or hardwire the device's
IP port.  It has a built-in OLED display that can show status and even
waterfall displays of the 1200 or 300 baud audio.   It can also support
external KISS TNCs brought in on a 9-pin serial port.   The unit can be
configured and monitored remotely by pointing a web browser at the device's IP
address.  Even has support for dynamic DNS services!

The web site is a somewhat chaotic mix of English and German:

     <http://www.aprs-multi-igate.com/>

The store area is on a related website (all in German) at:

     <http://www.jaeger-edv.de/Shop/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=63>

A manual in English is available here:

<http://www.jaeger-edv.de/Downloads/APRS%20I-GATE/APRS%20Multi%20I-GATE%20V1.10%20%201-2015%20EN.pdf>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  _______ Windows 10 Outrages! _______
    <http://WA8LMF.net/Windows10_Info>

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps