[aprssig] Polite to TX-igate weather warnings?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Mar 28 12:01:11 EDT 2016

That is not what I said.  I said FireNet servers do not support IGates and never have.  Basically, FireNet servers do not keep last heard history.  Therefore, the FireNet port 14580 is -not- IGate enabled and any IGate attached to it will not function correctly regarding messaging to RF.

FireNet is Internet-centric, not RF-centric.  That was the reason for its original creation and remains a testbed for many non-amateur radio related feeds as well as some high capacity feeds.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net