[aprssig] MFJ Data Radio

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:03:38 EDT 2016

>    This one is on 144.39 so had hoped to use it for APRS. Service monitor
> says transmit power is nearly 5 watts, but on receive it takes a couple of
> microvolts to see anything out of the noise. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

They are marginal but they work.   I used one for a long time until
the transmit amplifier burned out.  (Note to self - fix that.)

I just ordered a new Imported low cost dual band mobile to try as a
145.01 packet rig.   For only $70 it sure beats having to mess with
crystals.

  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LS8AJRW/ref=s9_simh_gw_g107_i2_r

73
Bill, WA7NWP