[aprssig] APRS on D710

TomK w5lon at cox.net
Fri Mar 11 11:32:45 EST 2016

On 3/11/2016 3:54 AM, TomK via aprssig wrote:
> On 3/10/2016 5:19 PM, lloyd mitchell via aprssig wrote:
>> May not matter but the path I use is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2
>>
>> Ko4L lloyd
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Bob Stephens via aprssig
>> <aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
>>
>>     I think if you have the Beacon set to manual you have to use the
>>     BCON key on the
>>
> front panel to cause a beacon to be transmitted. You need either AUTO
> or Smartbeaconing.
>>

>>     Bob AF9W
>>
> Lloyd,
>
> WIDE2-2 is the recommended path in my area.
>
> Bob,
>
> I'll change my Beacon setting to AUTO and let you know if you've put
> your finger on the problem.
>
> Thanks to you both for your replies.
>
> TomK  W5LON

Bob,

I changed my Beacon setting to AUTO and here's what happened:
The D-710 screen showed "my position" twice, after I had the rig
turned on for a little over two minutes.
I went into my home and I brought up "findu".  It reported "No
position report for W5LON has been heard in the last 10 days".

This response was puzzeling as I had not seen "my position"
shown on the screen of my D-710 prior to changing changing my
Beacon setting to AUTO.

TomK