[aprssig] (no subject) -- should be Packet Recording

Rob Riggs mobilinkd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:06:44 EDT 2016

Hi John,

Thanks for doing this.  I've been recording packets off the air, which is
great for real world testing, but a bit of a pain when starting to work on
software for a new demodulator.  For that I typically have to create some
harness in GNU Radio or Python.  Having an independent tool that is direct
to digital helps immensely.  Makes it easy to feed into SciPy where I model
the code before converting it to C/C++.

Being able to output at arbitrary SPS with gen_packets is great because I
can produce the desired sample rate without resampling.  This is needed
because I tend to have odd ADC sample rates tuned for each data rate and,
for AFSK, tone frequencies.

gen_packets has been a very useful tool.  Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Rob Riggs WX9O
Mobilinkd LLC