[aprssig] Headset

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Jun 6 12:20:01 EDT 2016

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 3:39 AM, Andrew Rich via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
>
> Can anyone help me understand how to use an aviation headset with a ham radio

Here is how I would do it:

1. Research the impedances and levels of the headset and radio

2. Refresh my knowledge of impedance and level matching solutions from books or wed sites.

3. Design, build, and wire any needed circuits and connectors.

4. Test result, return to step 2 as needed until results satisfactory.

5. Sit back and have a beer in the satisfying knowledge that I educated myself and solved a problem, and most importantly did not annoy hundreds of people on a list dedicated to a specific digital communications mode with an analog problem that has absolutely no relevance.

Your mileage may vary.

Steve K4HG