[aprssig] WX system Over Temp

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jul 23 17:59:14 EDT 2016

Its hot!  My APRS Ultimeter-II bio-degraded years ago (squirrel nibbles)
and so for the last decade I now use the WX-CAT which is actually very
expensive to maintain but is biodriven (and just won't die).

I have markings on the floor.  To see how hot it is, I just look at my
wife's cat's length in inches and use this convresion:

Temp = (L*17 -12)/6 deg/inch

But the cat is maxed out at 36 inches or 100F and it is still hotter!
Toss the cat out the window and when it comes back (it always does!) if its
wet, its raining, if it is white, it is snowing.

Barometer works too.  If the cat returns fair, the weather is fair, If
returns really pissed off, the weather is threatening.

I guess with climate change, I'll need a cat-stretcher to re-calibrate the
curve.

You can tell the only room in my house with AC is the computer room and I
am scavaging for things to do... rather than go outside and work on all the
EV's in the driveway..

Bob, Wb4APR