[aprssig] IGate Registering for ANSRVR (Messaging failures)

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Fri Jul 15 12:55:15 EDT 2016

Why not configure your home station for direct-only bidirectional and then you can support messaging instead of only sometimes being able to communicate reliably?

Whoever came up with the "receive-only" IGate as a good thing did not think through that APRS is a -communications- protocol, not a tracking protocol and they did not fully understand the potential for breaking the communication mechanisms that APRS-IS depends on.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net