[aprssig] Emergency Power for Ham stuff

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 19 18:30:26 EST 2016

> Is there particular reason you're looking at powering a full blown laptop?

Not a “laptop”, but a “Laptop supply” which can power all kinds of stuff
and are readily available by the box full at most hamests and yard sales.

Look carefully for ones at 15v which, with one diode are ideal for charging
a 12v battery.  Or go ahead and use a 19v one with a simple $3 DC/DC
converter to 13.8b.

Bob

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Robert Bruninga via aprssig <