[aprssig] More common overlay symbols?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:32:12 EST 2016

Whenever you're ready to borrow my icons, they are in the YAAC installation in the images/symbols directory. The file naming scheme is xxyy.png, where xx is the hexadecimal value of the overlay character and yy is the hexadecimal value of the symbol code. For example, the file for the ELT/EPIRB is 4521.png, where the 45 is the hex for the ASCII character 'E' and the 21 is the symbol code '!'.

I don't claim to be a super-creative artiste; many of them are the base UIView symbols with color changes, overlay letters, or other adjustments. In fact, some of them are exactly the base UIView symbol extracted from the tiled UIView allicons.png or allicon2.png file, for the cases where Bob decided to duplicate an existing symbol meaning in a more logical place (like grouping weather condition symbols as overlays of one existing alternate-table weather condition symbol). The 4245.png file (blowing snow) for the BE symbol has exactly the same pixels as the \B icon (blowing snow) in the allicon2.png file. But I did draw a few from scratch because there wasn't anything suitable (ex: 5841.png for symbol XA for the OLPC laptop). And some just deserved better than just an overlay character; 4473.png for Ds (diving boat) is the base image for \s Ship with the "diver down" flag superimposed on it.

Enjoy. I am adding a few more images for the build I expect to have out soon.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO

author of YAAC

http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html