[aprssig] is there a complete APRS primer out there? (Yes!)

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 22:13:40 EST 2016

Are you talking about the D710 "Getting More Acquainted with APRS and
EchoLink" manual?

It's 109 pages long, and the only guidance I see in the second chapter
about selecting a path is "use WIDE1-1" Another good source of breadcrumbs,
but still not the concise beginner's guide on APRS.

I'd really like to see an APRS beginner's guide that doesn't spend most of
the first page proselytising about what APRS isn't and also makes
absolutely no mention of the "RELAY" alias. I'm afraid all I can commit to
this project is being a willing and able proofreader once it's drafted.

--
Kenneth Finnegan
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/