[aprssig] A Closer Look at the WA8LMF TNC Test CD

Rob Riggs mobilinkd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 02:04:44 EST 2016

Hi John,

Some of the distortion you show, especially the ones Dire Wolf shows the
volume level over 100, look a lot like what one sees when overdriving the
inputs on an audio capture device.

How much of the distortion you are seeing is caused by the capture and
recording process?  How much is due to the radio used to capture the
signal?  Those seem to be unknowns and ought to be accounted for.

Kind Regards,

Rob Riggs WX9O
Mobilinkd LLC