[aprssig] BITS Telemetry Formatter Requires a Comma

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 00:29:23 EST 2016

I don't know where we're capturing these things these days like the
CORRECTIONS section of the APRS 1.1 Addendum, so I'm posting it here.

I've been doing some work on the Telemetry subsystem of Aprx, and tripped
on what I feel is an issue with how the BITS. formatter is documented in
APRS101.pdf. Just looking at the packet format table at the bottom of page
70, the documentation does not make it clear that there is a comma between
the eight bit sense fields and the Project Title:
http://i.imgur.com/QhbcU0M.png

The example packet is correct, and after actually looking at the example
packet, I've now got Aprx properly setting its Project Title to the full
Aprx version. i.e. "Project: Aprx v2.9.0-16-g56061b8"
--
Kenneth Finnegan, W6KWF
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/