[aprssig] APRX TOCALL

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 00:41:45 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:31 PM, spam8mybrain <spam8mybrain at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What version numbers are you currently using to discriminate your newer
> version of aprx from the older code originally maintained by OH2MQK?

I'm not. I didn't bump the version number just because I took over
maintainership. A few of us debated listing me for all stations vs not, and
my argument was that the vendor field should indicate who to contact for
bug reports and device support, not who wrote the software at the time.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:53 PM, spam8mybrain <spam8mybrain at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can't really drop the obsolete tocalls definitions because those
> obsolete stations (let's call them "vintage", that sounds nicer) will
> probably stay on the air another 20 years.

The last time we checked (2013) Aprx out-numbered APRXmax 1507 to 5.
http://www.tapr.org/pipermail/aprssig/2013-October/042434.html

> P.S. Hessu, could you add my software to your aprs-deviceid database?

For future reference, the aprs-deviceid README documents the best way to
get it in Hessu's queue to add enteries: https://github.com/h
essu/aprs-deviceid/blob/master/README.md

--
Kenneth Finnegan, W6KWF
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/