[aprssig] theoretical IGate ID

Jim Alles kb3tbx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 14:33:25 EST 2016

Well, overall, reduce the level of confusion. This is not a intended to be
a required standard, just defining some things if anyone chooses to use it.

#1) make it clear a transmitting station is connected to the internet - a
better way to determine it, without interfering with the existing
heuristics.
#2) more data for troubleshooting issues, and seeing how far away a packet
landed, and why.
#3) Allowing for higher granularity for situational awareness of what
resources are available in a given area, again without interfering with
existing/local conventions.

Any other ideas how any of it might be useful in the future?

Peace,
.ja.