[aprssig] New APRS talk (APRS and Energy)

KF4LVZ aprssigZbr6 at acarver.net
Wed Sep 23 14:37:06 EDT 2015

On 2015-09-23 09:29, Robert Bruninga via aprssig wrote:
> New "APRS & Energy" talk last weekend at Peoria Superfest is now posted.
> (but it's 17Mbytes)
>
> It summarizes APRS and the coming APRStt (DTMF) satellite and then
> finishes with my experience with Solar power and Electric Vehicles.
>
> If anyone has a "fixer" program that can fix the bloat, please do.  It
> should not be more than about 8M since all images were low res.  But it is
> a conglomeration of dozens of evolving APRS power points and some how just
> bloated.

The "fixer" program is built into Powerpoint.  Go to the File menu and
choose "Reduce File Size".  Alternatively double click on any image and
in the toolbar/ribbon there will be a button that says "Compress
pictures".  Both methods pop up a dialog box that lets you select the
final resolution.  Choose an appropriate one (either viewing on screen
or email) and click OK.

If you did any image cropping within Powerpoint, then in the compression
dialog box also check the option to remove cropped picture regions.